Thread: Overweight
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 11:45 AM   #15
La Princesa
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby&Seymour View Post
Shelby has lost some weight in the past few months...... to accomplish this we stopped all extra treats. NONE. For rewards she gets extra attention and gets to play fetch.
She was used to getting fed 3 times a day.... and she knows when it is time to eat ....... so we kept the 3 feedings but cut them back. She gets 1/8 cup (feeding 1), 1/8 cup (feeding 2), and then a few (about 10) kibbles (we call this a "snack" and she knows what "snack time" is .. )
It probably totals 1/3 cup per day.

I can tell that she feels much better..... she has lost 1 pound!!
'Ryoko is the exact same way. I do the exact same thing you do.

Ryko weighed 10-11 lbs when i got him in November. 2 months ago he weighed 9.7 lbs. I finally started measuring out his food 1/8 in the morning, 1/8 in the around 3pm and a few kibble at night to treat him and keep him up on his obedience skills. before i would give him what i though was i /4 of a cup a day which was not at all right plus treats. He also paws at me when he knows its time to eat, if i ignore him he barks once and sits and looks at me like he is crazy, no like i am crazy. He is prolly like !@% give me my food! and I imagine the voice in his head when he is thinking it sounds like Dave Chapell

anyways he is now 8.2 lbs which is far from where he was when i got him . Next week i will take him to get his teeth pulled and neutered and i will see what his weight is when they check him in.
I wish i could put myself on that kind of a diet and get good results, really its not a diet its just eating healthy!
La Princesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!