Thread: Overweight
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 09:28 AM   #10
Jenn218
Mojo, LilyGrace & Me
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Princesa View Post
I noticed that as i have been reading about people who switch to Canidea, they say their pets are gaining weight. If you are one that switched as well after he was neutered then maybe its the food that is making the difference. Did you ask the vet if they usually gain weight after that type of procedure?

I personally would not worry unless the next time i visited the vet he gained another pound. If your feeding the recommended serving of food each day maybe your pet is at the weight he is gonna be at and is fine.

Princesa

Whoa...I definitely do not think it would be very healthy if he gained another pound or so! Like I told my vet, size doesn't matter to me, it is his health more than anything!

Yes, we did start Canidea after the neuter, but weight gain is a common occurance after these procedures. The vet even told me this before and she just said to watch what he eats and his activities. I know that I need to be more active and I know that he does too.

Ticks are so yucky! We have never had fleas (knock on wood), but here, all we can do is walk on the grass or my hiking trail through the woods. We have so many wild animals here, the ticks are bad. We are on Frontline Plus and we still find ticks. We switched from K9 Advantix because it just didn't seem to work. So far, Frontline Plus...they still get ticks on them (which I know they will) but I just worry about those yucky little bugs!!!
Jenn218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!