View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 07:39 AM   #1
troubletb
Love my Yorkies
Donating Member

Default Puppies born on day "56"

So this is my story. I'm curious as to what everyones opinion is.

Bell was breed on May 9th. (yes, it was a back to back pregnancy, I was not expecting her to be bred.) But, I'm a bad mommy and it happened! So on the 4th of July with a house full of people I noticed some green on my floor. At first I checked Bell, but everything looked good so I thought maybe one of the children dropped something. Then I noticed some more. I was thinking maybe one of the three had some poop on their butts. (my three seem to poop the nicest colors some times! ) I decided I would clean up who ever it was, so I took Bell into my bathroom and started to cut off all her hair around her butt. That is when I noticed the green coming out of her vagina. I called my vet, who by the way is open 7 days a week from 7 AM to 7 PM. She said that they were very busy with 2 emergencies that just came in and I should go to the emergency vet, which I did. They vet examined her and decided to do an internal, me being so concerned over Bell didn't think twice. He said that all looked okay, but she probably either has a still born, or is reabsorbing a puppy. Sounded logical to me and off I went. About an hour later, Bell had strong contractions and gave birth to a puppy that wasn't formed yet. She had a terrible time when I took it away. About an hour after that she gave birth to another and then within 3 hours later she had 3 breathing puppies. All seemed small but looked good. We lost one on day two and now just have two left. The one girl is small 3.5 oz but I have to say she is a fighter and seems to be doing ok. She doesn't seem to be gaining any weight though. She belly seems full but she tires easy. I was so proud of her when I noticed that she was still sucking after 8 minutes. The boy is a little champ, he has gained .2 oz and moves around a lot. They have been alive 2 1/2 days now!

My questions is this: Do you think the internal exam brought on Bell's contractions?? When he examined her, he made it a point to say she wasn't contracting!

And how many litters have you heard of that were born on day 56, survived?

Any suggestions would be great too! I keep them warm with a heating pad and I make sure they eat at least every other hour. I set the timer and I'm up checking them around the clock.

Lastly Prayers, please send them this way, the babies need it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!