View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 08:19 PM   #8
b_veselka
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Talking Too Many Teeth

Hello! Were the new teeth in when the little guy had his surgery? If so I am surprised the vet did not take them then- unless of course he was too young and more were still going to have the chance of coming in and crowding. TXshopper is right, this is quite common so don't feel bad. I had the problem w/ a girl I used to have. My vet told me it would be about 100.00 to pull them all, and let me tell you she had a complete set of extra teeth- not just a few. It looked really freaky. As far as what the others have said about loosening them yourself, I would try it if I were you. I was told before to just work on the teeth each day until the dog lets you know that he has had enough. You don't have to do anything rough, just a little pushing and pulling (like you would with a child's loose tooth). The tooth would probably eventually loosen on it's own, but you can help to speed up the process. It does not have to be painful to your dog as long as you are gentle and know when he is sick of it. You might save your dog an unneeded surgery and yourself some money. Anytime you don't have to put a loved one under is a good time! Who knows, maybe his I teeth will be the only ones that do this. However, if you end up w/ monster mouth like my little girl- surgery would be the way to go.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!