Thread: Sad Irony
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 05:54 AM   #1
rockbaker
YT Addict

Default Sad Irony

As I sat this morning in my little air conditioned home with my three yorkies (2 owned, 1 foster from my rescue group), I noticed by dawns early light that the neighbors (elderly have a pomeranian) had caught a shepherd mix puppy that has been running loose for a couple of months.... We live in a very rural area in the south where most dogs run loose and live outside...I'm the neighborhood exception....this particular dog didn't seem to have a home other than the half-mile area he travelled at night (cooler) lookin for food....

I thought about this dog in this "have a heart" cage out in the hot sun....of course the "county animal shelter" would be over soon (hopefully) to take him off to be euthanized (everything in the place is killed every Wednesday) ...he would have died of heartworm this summer anyway...if a car didn't kill him, as it did his littermates..I've been trying to catch them for a while...

I can't help to think of those pets (myself included) who are spoiled rotten in almost every way...those that pay many dollars for a puppy...those that buy clothes and toys for them....

I guess it's the "luck of the draw" in some ways...of course we live in the greatest country in the world....In Mexico dogs are electocuted when they are rounded up...I'm sure most other places they are shot or poisened...at least we have humane treatment....

It just made me sad this morning...I gave extra hugs and kisses to my 3 yorkies this morning (in the airconditioned house sleeping on my bed) on my way to work...

roxanne in NC
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!