View Single Post
Old 07-06-2007, 12:34 AM   #1
jodywilliams
Yorkie Talker

Default Save Elvis Please

I inherited my mom's yorkie when she died. He has a growth that if it continues much further will cause him to lose his jawbone, teeth, vision and hearing according to his vet. It's going to cost $1000 and I am living on SSI. My mother left no insurance. I can't work to raise the money and my credit was shot by my ex-husband who left me when I became disabled. I have nothing to sell. The dog's lab tests indicate with this surgery - he is going to be just fine. It's not cancer or anything. I have contacted every Yorkie rescue who tells me there's nothing they can do. There is no local Yorkie rescue to serve Las Vegas. I have had people offer to get his surgery IF i GIVE them ownership of him (he's unfixed). Yet when I've tried to verify they are real and have the means to see he gets the surgery if I give him up - the offer magically falls through. If I could verify he'd have a good home and that a qualified vet was agreeing to do the surgery - I would be willing to give him up. Whatever he needs is what I'm trying to do. Please don't email me to "put him down to end his misery". For the moment - he's actually doing quite well. His appetite is good, he's frisky, he's gaining weight, and he's just a loveable sweeetheart. I've been told about foundations that offer grants. They offer them AFTER the surgery is done. The vet is not going to do surgery for someone with my credit and income without the money upfront - so that's not a help either. I've been trying to get help for the dog for 6 months now - emailing, writing, faxing, phone calling, and I'm running out of ideas. I don't see why I should put a dog down simply because I don't make enough money. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. jodywilliams@hotmail.com
jodywilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!