View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 03:44 PM   #39
YrkieLvr19
Yorkie Yakker

[QUOTE=zoeybear;1214635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YrkieLvr19 View Post
You know what I hate too?! I hate when a neighbor's four year old kid comes up with their parent to me and my dog on a walk and the kid asks if he can pick up my puppy and the parent just stands there and says nothing! I mean, I don't have a problem with people petting my dog, but he is easily upset and you have to be very gentle and now how to hold him. I mean, could the parent at least say, no honey, he's to fragile/little/whatever.....that makes me so mad! I can't say no because I don't want to hurt the kids feelings or upset the parent, but I don't want the kid dropping/hurting my dog! I mean, what are you even supposed to say there either?

At least they ask! I have had 3 kids pick up my Zoey. They pick her up upside down, or by the middle. I almost have a heart attack. I just say "oh, be careful she is very little" and take her away. The stupid parents dont say anything. One of the parents even seemed a little miffed. Like Im supposed to let their kid squeeze my dog like a tube of toothpaste in the middle. One kid picked the dog up 4 times with me telling them no each time. These are not friends of mine. They are neighbors or friends of my mom so I dont feel like I can just "go off" on them, but I get soooooo mad! I dont want to come off like an over protective freak!

Exactly that's how I feel! Oh, poor little Zoey! I swear, if some little kid hurt my Edan I would be chasing their little tails down the block and back. LoL....and I hate when the parents just stand there and giggle, like, awww how cute little Jack doesn't know how to handle an even littler dog...be careful with Zoey, don't let them pick her up anymore, if I saw them coming, I would just pick her up like I pick my puppy up when I see a big dog coming.
YrkieLvr19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!