View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #1
margaritaville
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default saying goodbye is hard!

My daughter's dog is aging and in alot of pain from arthritis, she is totally deaf, having vision problems and starting to have seizures at night. I pains us to lose her but my daughter has decided it's time. Safe journey to the Rainbow Bridge sweet girl. Below is her blog:

The Best Friend This will be a hard blog entry to read for those of you who know Bandit. It is a harder one for me to write.
Old age and failing health have caused us to make the hardest decision anyone who loves their dog has to make. So Friday morning we will give Bandit 2 tranquilizers and take her to the vet for the last time.
Bandit is just shy of 14 years old. She helped me raise my kids. She was the fattest and cutest out of a litter of 12 and we knew she was going home with us when we saw her. Yes we went through all the chewing of furniture and accidents in the house but in the end it was all worth it.
I don’t know how many times I got a frantic phone call from the kids while I was working saying Bandit had gotten out. When she did get out she ran far and fast as if she were going somewhere really important. When I found her I would stop the patrol car, swing open the passenger side door and yell “Bandit want to go for a ride” and with out fail she would stop dead in her tracks, you could almost hear her thinking, “cool ma where we goin? BEACH? PARK?” and with that she would get into the car.
My spotted wonder. We love you with all our hearts saying goodbye to you will be one of the hardest things we have done but we respect you too much to let you suffer any longer. Love,
Mom,Dad, Heather,Dan,Chelsea,John,Steph, Lola, and Oddie.

Joan, Bubba and Sissy-BEWARE OF PUPPY MILLS
breathe in, breathe out, move on -jb
margaritaville is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!