View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 08:31 AM   #52
coli
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe mint View Post
yesterday, my 6 year old daughter came home from 2 weeks at her fathers and she had a bug bite on her leg that was bothering her. Last night at bed, she was saying it was itching. to me, it looked like a mosquito bite that she had been itching. so i put some campho phinique on it and she went to bed. well, this evening, i am looking at it and it has a sort of rash/ring around it. def. does not look normal. the bite itself has a spot in the middle of it that feels like a scab but it isn't a scab. and this rash/ring is there without her even scratching at it. it is a little puffy feeling...meaning that you can feel where it starts and where it ends.

any idea what this might be? i'm thinking tick bite (her dad lives in the boonies). we are heading to the dr. first thing in the morning but i dont think i will sleep tonight wondering what it is.
hi there, it is called a ring worm. Once I saw it, i knew what it was. It is causes by insects bites. don´t worry the Dr. will give you lamisil, but i don´t if your daughter can drink that, but he will know what medicine to give. But Trust me it is a ring worm. It called a ring worm because it forms a ring which is kind of lumpy the middle is smooth, the only thing that feels bumpy is the ring. I hope this helps you, and ring worms can happen anywhere, on feet, hands, back, buttocks, face legs. Everywhere. Good luck. ooo and I know this because I had one like four months ago.
Almost forgot, don´t but any creams on it, because it will just disappear for a day and come back bigger. When I had the ring worm I would apply some lotrisome and elecon and this would make it disapper for a day and the next day the ring got bigger and bigger. The doctor told me that I was feeding it and this is why it got bigger.

Last edited by coli; 07-05-2007 at 08:35 AM.
coli is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!