View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 07:27 AM   #1
Sookie
My Four Sweet Babies
Donating Member

Default When does the chewing stop?

Kalina is really, really good most of the time. She has learned to sit and it only took me mere minutes to teach her. I have also taught her to shake hands. She insists on giving me her left paw. She sleeps like an angel all night long in her crate. The housetraining isn't really happening yet, but it's not too bad either. We "catch" her most of the time. She is feisty and loves to play and she is absolutely adorable. The other day someone told me that it should be illegal for any puppy to be that cute.

So, you ask, what's the problem? Chewing...eating the wrong things. Attached is a photo of just some of the stuff I have removed from Kalina's mouth since we got her. When she is outside I have to watch her constantly and I can't relax for a second. I'm afraid she's either going to choke or swallow something that will have to be surgically removed. You can see in the picture that I have removed a golf tee, piece of a zipper, a dehydrated piece of waffle, the skeleton of a big bug, and lots of other things. We have removed enough sticks from her mouth to start a small fire. She eats the flowers right off of their stems. Is this normal behavior? It's not just sometimes it is constantly. When does it stop?
Attached Thumbnails
When does the chewing stop?-snacks.jpg  
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!