View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 05:31 AM   #1
camly
Mommy to Kikko-man
Donating Member

Default dog sitting for 3 weeks .... help!

Oky, I have to dog sit my parents' yorkie... and he's a beautiful little guy and fun to play with, BUT IN SMALL DOSES ... you know the kind of dog right, really needy, hyper all the time, will try to make him the dominant one compared to kikko (in all senses like food, toys, and .. yes he even tries to hump kikko!) kikko gets along with him tho, kikko just lets baloo be the dominant one. but I swear baloo has ADD.

I am the one who will be in trouble. Kikko is a pretty calm and independent dog, so i can handle him. but iunno how i am gonna handle baloo .. i've never dog sit him more than 1 week. It has been a week now, and i'm getting scared. i tried to do a training session with him, since i do a session with kikko every night. IT WAS HORRIBLE! When I said sit, he'd do the popcorn butt, jump all over me and kikko for the treat, bark at kikko and at me, etc .... iunno what i am going to do for 3 more weeks ... i know this sounds horrible, but i miss kikko and me time!

and I treat kikko totally different than how my parents treat baloo, i mean totally spoil kikko and stuff ... my parents love baloo and stuff too, but they treat him like a dog b/c he is a dog. So when my parents are gone, I treat baloo as I do kikko, which is where i went wrong i think

(oh yea, i am living with my parents, so both dogs are around each other all the time, its just that when my parents are home they take care of baloo at night, and kikko and I are off in my room.)

Can anyone offer advice on how to maybe calm and deal with him?? Sorry for the long post ... its just wearing me out. lol
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!