View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 03:15 AM   #7
dbeach
Donating YT Addict

Default case in point

I agree with Tami, with the law issues...I purchased my first female, Tasha, when she was 10 wks old...picture of health and even the first visit to the vet stated she was picture perfect.
Well, in the weeks that followed, I noticed that Tasha would be running around doing the usual playful puppy stuff and always bump into things, like when she chased a ball. I took her back to the vet and he thought she may have started developing cataracts (needless to say I was upset, my poor baby!) I took her to a dog opthamologist (yes, they do have those and boy are they expensive) and no, she didn't have cataracts, she had completely detached retinas...since birth..she had never had sight and never would. Mind you, I kept my Tasha, love her dearly and she is spayed of course. But..I did almost have to go to court to settle the issue with the breeder as she accused me of doing something to her after she left her care. You, to this day, cannot tell she is blind unless you know it, her eye color is normal, she can chase a ball with sound and smell and almost everything else a dog can do..
But my point is, that Tami made, if you don't have it in writing, you take your chances! My pups that I am selling, WILL have a one year health guarantee!

Debbie
Tea' +6
dbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!