View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 06:14 PM   #21
Samantha Ashhad
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemple2 View Post
So you bought a puppy and she was sick when you got her and you're taking her back there for medical treatment? Has Baby been to a vet, and did the vet prescribe the antibiotics and breathing treatments? Or are you relying only on the couple you bought the puppy from? God, I wish her well, for your sake and hers...
YES officoarse. I have been to the vet, several times. They kept telling me I was just paranoid and that it was probably kennel cough but I didnt believe them coase my instict said otherwise. I had blood work done and it showed all white blood cells were elevated by 10 units which meant she had some kind of bacteria in her. I continued the antibiotics which the vet I went to gave me (same AB that the people had originally brought me- Clovomax) and I had them do X-ray and they said it's pneumonia. He suggested breathing treatments but said I could wait and see if the AB worked by itself. It would cost a bunch to do it at the vet's office. I called a different vet that told me that the vet should never had let us just go home without treatment. They said that home breathing treatment is an option but I had to go in and get medication to put in the cage. I brought it up with the people I got the dog from and they said they will arrange that and next thing I knew they had the medication and allt he stuff and wanted me to bring the puppy to them for a few days. I told them I don't want to leave the puppy there overnight, especially with another sick dog they had in the house, but that I would drop her off for the sessions and pick her up. And that is as far as we've gotten. I have been taking her there since Saturday night- exept for yesterday because they were not available. I called my vet and told him about the home treatment and he didn't say anything was bad about it. I am waiting for the treatment to be over with and then take her to a different vet. I don't feel that happy with the place I've been going to. The guy is young and doesn't seem to have much experience and I don't feel like the suggestions and actions are strong enough for something this serious. So I have defnitely taken her in and spend at least $300 on vet bills so far. My worry is how much more the bills are going to get and if she is even going to be fine. I heard hospitalization is really expensive and I sure can't afford that and it's just soooo wrong to be sold a puppy that is allready sick. I have insurance on my other dog, a Pomeranian, but didn't even get the chance to get Baby insurance since she was allready sick.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!