View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 03:40 PM   #8
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

I had been homecooking for over a year. I used to cook once a month and freeze in containers that would feed for about 4 days at a time. I fed about the same as premium kibble (about 1/4 cup/pup for dinner - my girls are both 4 lbs). I didn't alter my recipe at all during this time and the only supplement I use is Missing Link. My girls get Stoneyfield Organic yogurt each morning with the ML. I just switched them to The Honest Kitchen freeze-dried raw. It is so incredibly easy to use (you simply re-hydrate with warm water when ready to feed). I use both the Embark and Force as they are grain-free. I figured this was a good time to go grain-free as well.

What I like about The Honest Kitchen raw as opposed to Nature's Variety and Raw Meat and Bones is that the protein levels are consistent with typical premium dog foods (between 25 & 30%) as opposed to the really high protein levels of the other raw diets. I have been told that super high protein levels can cause other health issues such as pancreatitis and liver problems. Neither of my girls has those problem and I want to keep it that way!!

My vet is a huge proponent of raw diets and was especially impressed with The Honest Kitchen products. The raw diets give you recommended feeding quantities.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!