View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 07:48 AM   #5
bellaismybaby
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendido View Post
I switched from bad kibble, to good kibble, to home cooked and now raw. No preparing anything, no supplements, no veggies or dairy products. Just raw meat, raw organs and raw meaty bones. They stop eating when they're full and based on their current weight are self regulating and doing well! The reason why I chose raw is that I did my research (many, I repeat MANY nights spent online reading) and found that it's species appropriate as dogs (even tiny yorkie babies) are carnivores not omnivores and cooking the meat destroys the nutrients we're then putting back in. Sounded counter productive to me. Many people are against raw, based on unfounded fears and false data. Because of those people, I'm currently looking for a "raw and anti-vaccines-friendly kennel" so I'm not always forced to feed kibble to my babies when I travel. Granted it's Orijen kibble, but still....
My puppy is thriving on raw and my senior is healthier than he has ever been his entire life! His teeth resemble those of a younger dog now and still getting better! I also met a lady at my meat supplier who's been feeding her dogs raw for 10 years now and they've never been sick a day in their lives. I personally saw her dogs and I never even knew that a 9 year old wasn't supposed to have bad teeth and be overweight! Feeding our canine friends is not science, just common sense....
Natures Variety sells raw dehydrated medalions. They are great for travel. You don't even reconstitute them, just break them up and my girls love them I know it's not the same as RMB, but better than kibble.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!