View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 08:15 PM   #5
diggy4
Bella Boo & Diggy Too!
Donating GS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugg74 View Post
A few weeks ago we had to rush Hallee to the vet before opening hours. Hubby had already left for work and I heard Hallee throwing up. She did this 3 times and would just sit hand her head. She would not move or look at me when I called her name. This is totallyl the opposite of her personality. I immediately called hubby at work 7am and told him he had to come home. We took Hallee straight to the vet after calling the emergency number. She started shaking on the way to the vet.He tested her blood and she had low blood sugar. She had to be given an IV and we had to make sure we fed her table spoon food every two hours. The week before she had been sick and was taken to the vet and found out she had chemical inbalance after taking her temp and checking her poo.. She was given meds. Wonder if the meds made her not eat as much to cause the low blood sugar. We have two Yorkies and had not noticed her eating any less than normal. We keep a constant watch on her now. No problems since. Have you ever experienced this. She scared us to death. Can not be too over protecting when it comes to our babies.

Heather
If you know how to search threads search mine on hpo....I have a hpo baby who would just drop into a seizure from it..yes terrifying, and can be controlled by you. Its not eas but if you really want to make sure she is oks make sure she eats every 4-5 hours even through the night. SOme will tel you do not wake her up to feed, but DIggy's seizures happens evertime after a long sleep without food. If they wont eat give nutrical. I cooked everything under the sun for Diggy just for him to take like 4 nites and be done...then I was off cooking something else to make sure he had something in his belly at all times. Yes it is VERY hard but you gotta do what you gotta do. I wish you the best and keep asking questions....your doing the right thing.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!