View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #1
ladybugg74
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 049 Anyone's yorkie have low bood sugar...we had a scrare

A few weeks ago we had to rush Hallee to the vet before opening hours. Hubby had already left for work and I heard Hallee throwing up. She did this 3 times and would just sit hand her head. She would not move or look at me when I called her name. This is totallyl the opposite of her personality. I immediately called hubby at work 7am and told him he had to come home. We took Hallee straight to the vet after calling the emergency number. She started shaking on the way to the vet.He tested her blood and she had low blood sugar. She had to be given an IV and we had to make sure we fed her table spoon food every two hours. The week before she had been sick and was taken to the vet and found out she had chemical inbalance after taking her temp and checking her poo.. She was given meds. Wonder if the meds made her not eat as much to cause the low blood sugar. We have two Yorkies and had not noticed her eating any less than normal. We keep a constant watch on her now. No problems since. Have you ever experienced this. She scared us to death. Can not be too over protecting when it comes to our babies.

Heather
ladybugg74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!