View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #1
izzy816
YT 500 Club Member

Default Almost housebroken....yeah!

I decided last week to start training Izzy to go potty outside. So far, so good. I guess my method is okay. Let me know what you think. Any suggestions is welcomed:

I took the puppy pads away completely. Now, I take him out in the morning when we wake up, then again before I leave for work. In the evening, we go out as soon as I get home, then once or twice before going to bed. Each time I say, "Izzy, lets go potty outside" I grab his harness and leash then out we go. When he goes, I say, "Good boy Izzy". We go into the house, then I give him a treat and say, "Good boy, Izzy go potty outside." When I say "Lets go potty outside" he gets excited and runs around! When we come in the house he runs straight to the cabinet with the treats.

He had one pooping accident but I know why. I tried to get him to poop like three times before I left the house....I knew he had to go! So I gave up and left. Came back an hour or so later and there was poop on the rug. Other than that, he did great. Should I still keep the pads around just in case or keep them away all together? The main reason I took them away and started training him outside was because I ran out of puppy pads and didnt have a chance to go get more...So this kind of motivated me to do it.

Last edited by izzy816; 07-02-2007 at 12:04 PM.
izzy816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!