Thread: Ear problem
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #7
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conisu View Post
He is almost 2. Now when I look at it, the ear itself is not red - he had an ear infection once and the ear flap was all red till he had been on antibiotics for awhile, then it went back to a whitish pink - he has just scractched it open in 2 places that are red sores. Then when I held him up on my lap next to the lamp I could see down in to his ear and see some black dirt like stuff way down inside his ear. I decided to wait as I dont really know what the ear mites are or look like. So if I go and get the wrong thing at the store I could just be making things worse. Now that I am noticing it, he does seem to be scratching at his ear and the jaw area on that side of his head alot. He always scratches his ears - the vet has told me they were fine in the past, but I am sure there is a problem today. I sniffed them and I dont smell anything (except his normal yucky breath!) so I don't think he has an ear infection - but again what do I know. Oh for a vet in the family! Wonder if it is too late to get my daugter to dump her fiance and go hang out by the vet school at Ohio State? Wait, I still have my youngest - he is only 16 and a half - by the time he gets old enough there should be a number of cute girl vet students over there! AND I still have another year or so to work on him - although that is a lost cause I am sure, I think a person has to be born with that special personality/love to be a good vet.

Anyway - thanks for all your help guys.
I am not a vet by any means but, just by what you are saying it sounds like ear mites...YOU won't be able to see the mites...they can only be seen under a microscope. If it were me..I would definately bring him to the vets...I wouldn't use anything you can buy in the store. But, this is just my opinion.

Good luck with your little guy
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!