View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #12
Samantha Ashhad
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
Omg!

This is the same EXACT story I'm having with my little one too.

I have a 7month old yorkie.. had pneumonia since she was like 3 months old.. but it took 3 different vets to figure it out.. she was constantly coughing.. Zoie has been on meds for 4 straight months.. office visit after office visit... x-ray after x-ray.. and yet, she is still sick and still has the virus. Zoie acts normal and happy, and has great apetite and plays like everything is ok.. Zoie's vet bills have been outrageous to say the least. One of the biggest problems with Zoie is that the vet didn't know their head from their ass, and she's been getting immune to all the medicine shes been on since sh'e sbeen on them for 4 months now!! Zoie is still not better, and she's getting weaker, and nothing is helping her.

I wish you the best of luck. Make sure you know what you are getting into and don't let the vet bully you into anything you are not prepared for.. Pneumonia is no little disease.

Keep us updated on your little yorkie's progress
Oh my God, really? :-( That really worries me now. She was allready sick when I got her. I've taken her to the vet several times too, had blood work done and finally Xray which showed that it appears to be pneumonia. The vet suggested brining her in for "breathing treatment" for 5 days but I just can't afford all these tests and there is no guarantee. So, the people I got her from are giving her the treatments at home since last night and I hope it works. It sucks because even though I've only had her for 3 weeks I have gotten attached to her and her personality so it is hard to just have the peopel trade her in and get me another puppy but at the same time I'm scared that the pneumonia won't go away and I will end up with more vet bills. I don't know what to do!!! :-( If your dog has had it for that long it really makes me wonder. Just like yours she is usually playful and eats food and snacks. Hmm..... What did the vets tell you is needed for your dog to get 100% well? Is pneumonia really serious and dangerous? It's not contagious though right? ( I do have another dog)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!