View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 11:01 AM   #1
daniellealberta
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Creation of YorkieTalk Emergency Vet Fund!?!?!

This thread has been started largely in response to Dena's thread "Need Advice", about her vet bill with Zoie.

I was reading that thread and I got to thinking - with so many Yorkie Talk members, perhaps we could all get together and create an "Emergency Fund" amongst ourselves. Or does such a thing already exist on Yorkie Talk?

I know there are already a number of emergency organizations out there, but as Dena pointed out"

Those sites are really great.. but they are meant for people who truly have money problems or who are diabled.. or who have service dogs.. not for people like me who have a dog as a luxury.
It doesn't feel right for me to get money from a place like that.. plus you have to provide them with all of your finances.. and i doubt i qualify, just because i have a luxury expensive dog... Know what i mean?

If there is enough interest, and this is something we can conceivably do, then we can start hammering out some details!

Just some thoughts I have kicking around:

1) Establish a bank account that people can contribute to from US and Canada
2) Establish a list of "eligible" recipients (ex. Yorkie Talk Members, have contributed to the fund, type of medical bill, etc.)
3) Contact Yorkie vets and breeders who might be interested in working with us!

Let me know what you guys think! Add your comments here!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!