View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #1
Dina_Nichole
I Love My Munchkins!
Donating Member

Unhappy Opinions Needed about Snoot

Hi everyone, this isn't about my yorkie girls but I hope this is still ok to post in here. I have a 12 year old pekingese named Snoot. He's always been the healthiest little guy. He's never had anything seriously wrong with him. I'd say he's only had minor colds probably five times total in his entire life. He's been acting fine but today all of a sudden he rolled on his back and went stiff and left out this terrible scream. He was arching his back also and had his neck positioned kinda odd. I honestly thought he was dieing. I've never seen anything like this in my life. I was terrified to move him and just rubbed his little head.

He just kept looking at me and in a few seconds he rolled back over. For some reason I checked his tongue and it looked very light pink. It wasn't white but not nearly as pink as usual. I was just panicing so bad that I gave him nutri-cal. I have no idea if that was wrong to do. Snoot's never ever had a sugar problem but since his tongue looked that way, it was my first thought, so I gave him some. Before giving the nutri-cal he did seem to return to himself but slightly shaken up still. I still went ahead and gave him some. By this point I was hysterical and crying and when I cry Snoot gets upset, so I have no idea if he was acting upset still because of my behavior.

Once I calmed down he seemed fine. He followed me to the kitchen and I fed him. He's walking around like nothing happened. After eating he grabbed his favorite bone and started to chew and is now napping. I'm just so upset. Should I take him to the ER? Has anyone ever had this happen to their furbaby? My first thought was a mini-stroke or a seizsure? These are just thoughts. I'm just so worked up and have no idea what to do. Mikey is working and my entire family lives 3 hr. + away. Thanks for listening to me about this. Any thoughts are appreciated it.

Dina
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!