View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 06:33 AM   #5
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgab80 View Post
I think the less you move her around the better. Did her vet give you any pain medication to bring home with you. Lillybelle had pain medication that I gave her for 4 days after surgery. I just wouldnt worry too much about bathing, or cleaning unless she wets or soils herself, then just use a clean cloth, not baby wipes. Really, she has had major surgery and I would just give her time to heal. I dont usually bring this up, but Ive been a neonatal nurse for over 20yrs, so unless you see a sign of infection, dark yellow-green drainage, bleeding, swelling, she's not eating, peeing, -that would give you a reason to call her vet...Im sure you have a discharge paper with specific instructions from your vet....
I would let her rest and heal...just love on her...dont worry about a bath..ok?
Well said. Ok!

I am giving her the pain meds the vet sent home, and I can tell she needs it. The vet said it's like doggie ibuprofen, which will help with the swelling and the pain. Her incision looks great-we had it checked yesterday at the vet. I've got a onesie on her to keep her from bugging her it, and so far so good! The hardest part is keeping her from being too rambunctious! She forgot that she had major surgery two days ago, and wants to roughhouse with Emma, jump, run up and down stairs, and to chase rabbits!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!