View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 06:26 AM   #33
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcerella02 View Post
you guys are all right... i'm going to get it done... i think that by thinking of getting it done i was letting myself think she might get lost and that scared me to death, but i guess being ignorant about it will only hurt us both in the long run.

i'll call my vet on tuesday and make an appointment. Does anyone know... does it hurt her?? so many people had it done when they were spayed or neutered, is that ebcause it is painful? Layla tends to be a bit of a wuss with needles and getting blood taken. Any suggestions on which brand is better?? someone mentioned there were two types...
I just had Milli chipped Friday during her spay. I have the "HOME AGAIN" brand for both of them. Emma got hers done last summer when she was a young puppy-it was at an Animal Rescue League function. It cost $30 to have it done there ($50 at the vet Friday) and the proceeds go to a good cause. You might check and see if they have any Microchip Clinics sponsored by a non-profit in your area.

Emma didn't even flinch when she had hers done. They put a YUMMY meaty treat down on the table, in several pieces, and she was so excited to eat the treat that she didn't even notice that they were doing the chip. Distraction is key! Good luck!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!