Thread: Your Yorkie...
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 03:23 AM   #2
bettyeanne
Donating YT 7000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveBear
Hi,
I just recently joined the forum, all I know is the name of your yorkie and what it looks like. So How old is everyone's yorkie and tell something interesting about your yorkie.
My baby is Toto and she will be 1 year on July 18!! She has a pure bloodline and my husband searched for a long time to find her [while trying to talk me into considering buying one since I vowed 6 yrs. before after our 13 yr. old poodle died .... Never again!! ] He found her in Marrietta, GA and it took several months talking back and forth with the breeder and vet trying to convince them that we were indeed capable of taking care of this tiny creature! The breeder only raises show dogs and doesn't breed dogs for sale! If anything, she discouraged us! She cares so much about each and every one of her babies ... but sometimes sells the tiny ones [which is what we wanted] that will be too small to show. She has grown from 1 1/2 lbs. to a whopping 3 lbs. and holding [she did get about 7 ozs. overweight but we have trimmed her back down ... she was so "tubby" she waddled!] She is without a doubt the smartest dog either of us have ever seen and is so totally spoiled it's sickening!! I have a picture of her with that "poem" that starts with "The dog lives here ... you don't!" ..... hanging in our home ... I bathe her in my kitchen sink ... it's my sink ... [I don't cook so what's the difference?] .... our grandchildren [with the exception of Kayla who is almost 15] aren't allowed to pick her up ... we are totally devoted to her and all our friends & family know it ... we don't go anywhere without her unless it's an absolute necessity!! I take her to work with me [work is ... I research documents in courthouses all over the country] ... she loves her bag and patiently stays in it while I work ... she plays, flirts and naps! We always ask if it's OK and have never been refused! When we finally accepted the fact that eventually her little paws would have to touch the ground and began to introduce her to her little harness & leash ... she liked it outside [but not the harness & leash] and began dashing out of the front door and nearly giving us a heart attack! Nothing we tried stopped her so my husband found a trainer who would come to the house to work with her and she is now trotting on her leash and stopping when she is supposed to and so far obeying the "stay" command when we open the front door!! He is really good with her although he is accustomed to working with large dogs [he trains service dogs, etc.]
We are "Yorkieholics"!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!