View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 07:16 PM   #5
wemple2
Wee Winston Wiggles
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillys_mom View Post
Oh my!!! Yeah I just don't know what to do about my blood pressure, it just never seems to go down. It's been like that for over a year. I've been stressed to the max the past 4 months, I'm sure that isn't helping. I guess I'm just scared. I get easily frightened.
Do you have a county health dept.? I just had the entire blood panel at my health dept...includes, Chemistry, CBC, Lipid Profile also added the Thyroid Panel (T3, T4 & TSH)...all for $100.00, this would have cost over $1000.00 at our hospital lab, some Endocrinologist will do these test in their office much cheaper. I had the ultrasound (sonogram) of the thyroid, plus the Nuclear Thyroid scan and uptake...NO INSURANCE...but was able to set up payment plan in advance, the hospitals expect pretty hefty payments, but it was all worth it to find out what was wrong, I was barely able to function from an overactive thyroid..took anti-thyroid medication...for awhile, then it went underactive which is way easier to treat, just take my thyroid supplement, get thyroid levels checked regularly, at the health dept...and feel so much better. Good luck, go to a thyroid doctor, endocrinologist, he'll know what test you'll need for what ails you.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!