View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 04:45 PM   #2
La Princesa
YT 500 Club Member

When I taught my Ryoko the down command I read somewhere to kinda put a lil pressure with a finger on there back to help them go down. Soon he would go down sometimes when i said the command, and sometimes i still had to add pressure. Then we progressed to the point that if i said down and he didn't do it right then and there and i just touched his back with my finger he would go down. Then I went from that to pointing in a downward motion and saying the word down and that was that. Now he does it with the word and sometimes just with me pointing in a downward motion.

I just gave lots of praise it works well. Now that I am teaching shake, and around i think its more difficult for him to understand what i want. So now when its time to eat(he eats once in the morning and once after 5pm) I use his food to teach him the next trick. I don't do it piece by piece because i know he is hungry so i give him a 4-5 pieces of food with lots of praise. I actually started shake hands 2 days ago and he is doing it like a pro... Inbetween mealtime I just give lots of praise only no food.
La Princesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!