View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #2
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha Ashhad View Post
Hello,
I got Baby who is now almost 13weeks and 2 pounds and she had a cough from day one. I have been in and out of the vet's office. I had blood work done and the vet said all her white blood cells are elevated by 10 points higher than normal. She has been on antiobiotic since the 15th of June. Her coughing sounds so much better but she still coughs, especially early in the morning as she is sleeping (around 6AM it alwasy wakes me up). I took her to the vet again today and they did X-ray on her. It appears as though she has pneumonia the vet said. Now they want to do astma breathing on her, another $30/day procedure. We decided to keep her on antibiotic to see if she will get better, if not I guess we have to try the astma breathing. It just feels as though there are no straight answers from the vet, more office visit fees, and I am worried about my little Baby girl not getting 100% better. She has a great appetite and plays and bites on my 11 pound Pomeranian; it's just the coughing that is off. Anybody has advice on how serious pneumonia is and what I should do at this point????
if she has pneumonia the treatment with the humidifier will help. I used to do it on kennel cough/pneumonia patients all the time. Also coupaging them afterwards will help break up the stuff in her lungs so she can cough it up. keeping her on ABs is a must however she may not get totally better on just the ABs.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!