View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 04:52 PM   #10
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this website, but have been reading it for the past couple of weeks now. I purchased a small 1lb 5oz male yorkie puppy the beginning of this month June 2007, he will be 4 months old soon. When we picked him up he had a cough and the breeder said the litter had Bortatello vaccine (nasal) was given to the 4 pups but only 2 got a cough. We had this small wonderful little fellow in our home for a week until we had to return him on the advice of our Vet even tho he gained weigh and was 1lb 9oz. You could hear him rattle when he breaths. He is much better now but lost abit of weight I guess from being sick. The breeder is wonderful, she has taken him back and refunded our money, but we still want the puppy, just want him to be well. He had gotten over the cough (kennel Cough) but has now after a week started coughing again. He now weighs 1lb 6oz.

Does being small make the puppy less able to get well? I miss our baby, and want him home soon, does anyone know how long this lasts and will this be a life-long health problem because he is small. He is estimated at 3 to 4 lbs full grown...does size not make them healthy?

Just asking all of you out there for your advice on what I should do

Thanks a mill

Katharine
Hi, welcome to YT.

SOrry your puppy is sick. Because he is so small and young he can be sick for quite some time if not treated properly. Kennel cough can easily turn to pneumonia in these little guys and it will take even longer to treat. I'd get the pup back on ABs by your vet.

if you don't mind me asking, where did you get your puppy from?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!