View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #11
mistyinca
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sookie View Post
I just picked Kalina up from Indianapolis last week. The reason I did that is because it was too hot in either city to put her in cargo and also I was starting to worry about her flying alone. The airline said my carrier was 1" to tall and made me buy another one from them for $50, which was a really cheap carrier and so low that an 11 week puppy had trouble standing in it. We sat on the runway for 4 hours and it was freezing under the seats from the air conditioning. I did take Kalina out and held her on my lap because I was afraid she'd get hypothermia. The attendant never said a word and, of course, I asked people around me if they minded before I took her out. After my trip I was so happy that I took her on with me and did not put her in cargo. Good luck on your trip and let us know how everything goes!
That is cool that they had a carrier available for you to purchase for such a decent price. I had ordered one from Tinkerbell's Closet, that hasn't even arrived yet. Then I saw my airline requires that there be two vented sides. I was so afraid that I'll get there with this one and have them say, "sorry, you can't fly now" that I ordered another one.

It is not enough for it to say "airline approved". So I just ordered this one from here: http://www.thepetonline.com/product_...ducts_id=44202 This one is only $25.99, and if you sign up before placing the order, they'll send you a $3 off code. The shipping was $9, so after the discount, tax, and shipping, it is only $34. Its measurements are 12x9x9 and it is vented all over.
mistyinca is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!