View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 08:46 PM   #13
LaDonna40
BANNED!

Default vacation whoas

I have had the same problem from time to time. I tried the kennel and was not pleased. I find the best is to find a neighbor or friend willing to house sit my firbabies. If you do not have anyone who could do this for you there are several agencies who have sitters who will keep you baby in your home or in theirs. Mine have taken to this option better for I have one that I rescued who had been severly abused in the past who has fear of being caged in. Always meet the sitter several times to see how yoourbaby relates to them. This will make you both more comfortable when the time comes to be away from each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvgirle
Hello all! I haven't posted here in a while BUT I have a problem.

In March, I'm going on Spring Break in Florida for about 5 days. My parents own a timeshare in Florida so we'll be staying there and they don't allow pets. I don't know what to do because my parents wouldn't be able to take my dog Biggie because of work. My brother won't be able to take him because they have a huge lab and two cats that I doubt Biggie will get along with. And I don't trust anyone else with my precious dog.

I've been reading online about local kennels and dog boarding places but they don't seem "safe". My dog is used to my house. I'm scared that him being somewhere else with someone else he'll be hurt or traumatized!!! HELP! I don't know if I should leave him at a kennel or what I should do. I wish Biggie would be able to come with us. This is the 1st time I'll be separated from him.
LaDonna40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!