View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 04:35 PM   #21
nvnvgirl
Lovin' to the MAX!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyluvsma View Post
They will scoot on the rear ends and you'll smell it.
Exactly! They'll drag their rear end on the carpet or grass usually. My groomer does it (or it's one of the things they do each time Max gets groomed, but they never really say anything about whether they did or didn't or if there was any problem), but I know that if the dog is on a higher fiber diet (or maybe it's just if they're on dry food) that their poops are a lot drier and so, harder and just the normal passing of their stool is enough to empty the anal sacs naturally. Max actually never has a problem other than sometimes when he is done at the groomers, and he acts like his rear end hurts....he doesnt' cry or anything, but he'll kind of keep his tail down for several hours and keep looking back at his butt.....I've talked to the groomers and they thought maybe he'd gotten shaved too closely and had a cut or was irritated, but I'd checked that and everything looked fine. I think it's maybe b/c they DID express the anal glands and I don't think he really needs them done, so maybe it was painful just to have it done. He's fine after a few hours and his little tail is straight up in the air again.
I'd try changing your baby's diet. It's funny how when you love your pet so much, NOTHING is too "delicate" to talk about, LOL
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!