View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 10:23 AM   #6
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamallard View Post
I dont have my yorki yet, but am trying to make sure i am ready for when the day comes. i have about 2 more months till it's time (like i'm pregnant or something!) I am a little worried, because i've heard that the yorkie's do not like to be by themselves for long periods of time. i am at work from 8-5 everyday, and so is my boyfriend. so it will for sure be alone for those hours monday - friday.

are the rumors i have heard, true? ...if they are alone for too long, they start to bark, or chew things up? any advice will help...!
I have 2 and they did EXACTLY that! (sorry to tell you!!) they chewed EVERYTHING! They barked so much while I was gone, I got written up TWICE by condo complex (bunch of miserable people they are! haha). My boys are now almost 2 and doing much MUCH better!

They do get seperation anxiety though when they are young! I gated mine into the kitchen in a 4x4 area pretty much! Plenty of room for them, but small enough to minimize damage! They did chew what they could though, which means the bottoms of my cabinets are all chewed up! Get an indoor playpen or xpen to put them in so they cannot chew walls & such (mine did a nice huge hole in my kitchen wall!!! ) leave them a radio on to drown out noises from outside. They generally bark when they hear noises, a radio on will block some of the noise and minimize barking. Leave them food, water, toys, their bed and chew bones or something that will entertain them for 8 hours!

Good Luck Its worth it!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!