View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 09:31 PM   #1
Shanatink
Mommy to 3 Princesses
Donating Member

Default Puppy is eating adult food

Hey guys dont yell at me! I know this isnt good. I have 7 month old yorkie and to adult dogs. This requires me to put 2 different types of food down and attempt to regualte feeding time. Now truth be told we have always just left dry food out for them to eat whenever they want. We do not feed them can food. Now of course my 3 year old boxer prefers to eat the puppy food since she is not supposed to and OF course the 7 mo yorkie prefers the adult food. When I first got chloe(the yorkie) we had hypogylcemia problems and she didnt always eat her food which can be a HUGE problem. My vet said as long as she eats ever couple of hours we should be able to keep the hypoglycemia under control. Long story short she would only eat the adult food which I gave up and thought 'Fine as long as she is eating". Iknow she is not gettin all her puppy nutrition that she needs. She is way past the hypoglycremia problems but she still only wants the adult food. I have tried different brands of puppy food wet and dry and she wouldnt eat any of it. I used to give her nutrical but now I am not doing anthign outside of the food. Should I give her puppy vitamins? If so what? Its pretty clear that she WILL NOT eat any kind of puppy food so I do not consider that an option. She won that battle. So how bad is the adult food for her? And how should I try to make up for what nutrition she is not getting?
by the way I feed them nutro.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!