View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
hugeyorkieluv
No Longer a Member

Default BEWARE OF STARYORKIE.COM IN CA, Encino

I was checking out some websites and come across this one. www.staryorkie.com
I was a little alarmed because of all the breeds they had for sale.
yorkies, pugs, poms, maltese and and more...
They are located in my state so i gave them a call and asked if i could come see the pups. Gina, the lady selling the pups told me i could come by in a few days, i asked if i could see the parents of the pups also and she told me that all the pups she had available were from Korea and shipped to her at 6 weeks old. this immediately teriffied me. All i could think about was those poor dogs stuck in puppy mills in Korea. they probably dont have any regulations there for dog owns.
So i called the local humane society, apparently they have been to Gina and Bens house many times but were not able to shut them down because it is actually legal to get dogs shipped in from other countries!!!
I just felt so helpless. I wrote to our states representatives and the other politicans about this and asked them to pass a law so that out of country puppy mills wont profit from the USA.
I have not gotten any replies but i do enourage any one who is equally upset about this to do so.
And please stay way from star yorkie kennels. Buying from them is only supporting the torture that these poor animals go through on a daily basis.
hugeyorkieluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!