View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 08:25 PM   #10
ReconsMomma
BANNED!

Hey all, groomer to the rescue. LOL just kidding. First off, the groomer you use may pinch his paws or squeeze a little too hard and he doesn't like it. If he nipped at her then she was doing something to him that he didn't want to be done and she should have just given him some time to chill and then tried again OR waited for you to get there and have you hold him so she could clip the nails.

I would try to have the groomer wait for you to come back to get him and have you hold him while she clips his nails. That is what I do if a dog just doesn't want them done. If she isn't willing to do it that way then the hell with her. (JMO)

Otherwise you can try what I do with Memphis. He isn't a big fan of the nail clippers so I take him for a walk or whatever to tire him out as much as I possibly can and then I take a really good sharp pair of nail clippers (the thing blade ones are the best. Thick ones aren't good cause it puts pressure on the dogs nail and they do feel it and dont like it). I have my boyfriend hold him not too tight but enough so that he cant take off on me and I clip his nails really quickly. Just take off a little bit at a time. If they arent short enough repeat the clipping after a few minutes. This way the dog isn't stressing out and you aren't getting ticked off. Keep a little bit of baking soda handy just in case you nick the quik and they bleed. just put a dab of baking soda on the nail that is bleeding and try not to let them walk around. If they get blood on something poor some peroxide on it and it should take care of it without damaging whatever is is's color.

Hope I helped.
ReconsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!