View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 07:49 PM   #1
klogan
YT 500 Club Member

Omg Nail clipping a yorkie. Impossible??!!

Hello,

I need a sanity check here...

I have been taking Stomper to the groomers for the entire time we have had him. He hates it, but I've never been told until now that he is a bad boy! He is fine getting cute, paws groomed, ears trimmed, etc. However, the last few times he has gone, the gal said he nipped at her when she tried to cut his nails (which I was surprised and embrassed since Stomper is just a lovable bundle of joy!). Well...over the weekend I took him to get groomed again. They were able to do everything but his nails. They said I'll have to take him to the vet to get him drugged up before getting his nails cut. I was shocked by the comment, so I took him to a different place today (referral that this person could do anything!) and she had the same problem. I actually was able to watch her do it and Stomper was so stressed out. He was a reck. He was drooling, jumping, crying, etc. She finally said she couldn't do it and also said that some yorkie's are like that. They hate their nails done.

Do any of your yorkie's have this problem? If so...what do you do??? Any sugggestions would be great. I don't want to drug him up, but I also know it is important to have their nails cut. Please advise.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!