Thread: Help on Eating
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 08:31 AM   #1
ccorder
Yorkie Yakker

Default Help on Eating

Hello all I am having a little problem with my Evie and knew I could count on you all for your help. Evie will be turning 1 year old on this Thursday. We got her in December. Since we got her she has been VERY VERY I mean VERY strange about her eating. We have tried numerous dishes and the last month I have had to put her food on the bare floor and her water in a medicine cup dispenser (which I have to hold on the ground while she drinks out of it). It is all very strange. I asked my vet about it and he just said she was spoiled and asked did I hand feed her at all. I explained to him that I have tried EVERYTHING to get her to eat out of her dishes and she would go days without eating or drinking, so YES I did hand feed her a little to get her to eat and drink. I am the only one she will even go near her food with. My husband and I, along with our 5yr old took a family vacation that Evie could not go with us on. We were gone for 7 days. My mother and father stayed at our home with Evie. Her eating was horrible. She did not eat nor drink for the first day and a half and after that it got a little better. I purchased her some new dishes while we were gone and have tried since Sunday night for her to eat out of them; however, she just will not. They are not big at all and she has still refused. I know she has got to be hungry and thirsty so WHAT DO I DO? If any of you have experienced this, please give me something to go on. I am worried and the sad thing is I have to leave again in a couple of days on another trip (cruise) which she can't go with us on either.
ccorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!