View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 12:02 AM   #2
njoydaride
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blksnowbunny View Post
Hi everybody. Tiffany (and Cyrano) here. I was just reading afew threads and was wondering about summertime travel with your yorkie. I am travel to St. Louis from the PA area for the 4th of July weekend.

I noticed that airlines will accept pets IF the temperature does not exceede 85 degrees. Well come on, when was the last time you remembered a 4th of July weekend that was not at LEAST 85 degrees.

So....that obviously puts me in a bind. I would like to travel and take my baby with me but am stuck trying to figure out how to safely transport him. Anyone ever encounter this and found a way to work through it successfully?

I noticed Amtrak doesn't accept pets. Maybe I could put a little harness on him and say he's my aid dog so he can ride with me (haha).

I'm sure there are people out there who have traveled with pets during the hot summer months....but...how? With whom? And most definately....safely....

Tiffany (and Cyrano)
Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong on this one. When they're talking about the temperature, I think they're referring to pets as air cargo or checked-in pets. I think it's perfectly fine to take them in as pets as carry on in any temperature.

Here are Delta Airlines Pet Travel Options:
http://www.delta.com/planning_reserv...ions/index.jsp

Hope that helps!
njoydaride is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!