View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 04:58 PM   #3
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I think you are doing the right thing. Of course all yorkies are cute, but they are really getting overbred, and a lot of yorkies don't even look like yorkies anymore because of it. Breeding is a lot of work, and taking care of multiple puppies is so much harder than most people think it is. Just wait til they start pooping and peeing everywhere - it's a mess! Plus, breeding is not always a happy experience. Sometimes puppies are born dead or die after a few days. Your dog could develop a uterine infection that could kill her. I know another person on another forum who decided to breed her dog because she wanted a puppy from her. Her dog developed a uterine infection and died two days after giving birth - it happened so fast. Anyway - I think you are doing the right thing. If your husband really wants to breed yorkies, I think it's a great idea to do more research and find a show breeder that is willing to mentor you. Once you make some connections and learn more, you can buy a couple of great dogs to start off your breeding program.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!