View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 01:38 AM   #1
MyTrixie143
Mom to 6 Beautiful Furkids

Angry Allergic to MinkSheen??

I received a sample from MinkSheen that I wanted to try out on the dogs.
I gave Scampers a bath and used the Minksheen shampoo. I didn't particularly like the smell but I got used to it. And it didn't seem to do anything for his hair, it actually made it more dull looking, whereas the shampoo I was using left it nice and shiny.
So shortly after giving him a bath I noticed he has been scratching like crazy. He is just miserable!! He is constantly scratching and chewing at himself, he is even getting sores now because he has been scratching and chewing so much!! He has never done this with the shampoo I was currently using!!

I gave him some Benadryl and put some lotion on him that is suppose to help ease the itching. And later today I am going to bath him with his normal shampoo and see if that helps as well.
I was trying to figure out why he was scratching so much. He doesn't have any fleas/ticks, he is on a good monthly preventative. And I haven't changed anything in his diet or anything else. Every thing has remained the same. The only thing that I changed was the shampoo. So is it possible that he is having an allergic reaction to the shampoo?
I bathed Trixie with it as well and she is perfectly fine.

I am so upset, I feel so bad for my baby boy, he is just so miserable. If the bathing doesn't help I will have to take him in to the vet to get a shot. I will never use this stuff again on him, I feel like such a bad mommy!!

Has anyone had a similar reaction using this shampoo?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!