View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 07:25 PM   #6
sadiesamie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkieluv View Post
Refresh my memory...How many stones/crystals did your vet find? Did he do an x-ray/ultrasound? And did he mention surgery to remove them. Calcium oxalate stones do not dissolve and usually require surgery to be removed. If they stay in there, they can cause damage to the lining of the bladder....
samie's urinalysis: (this might be more helpful) see below:

we have not done xrays. I was told to switch her food to Purina vet pres diet NF- and that would help. the vet we were going to never suggested xrays any further. samie also does not do well at the b/c she suffers bad allergies and gets excited there and so that brings on trachea issues. well i became more and more worried so i called the vet and i told her samie is scooting and she said it was her anal glands. i told her she was not full and that samie was showing signs of discomfort. i told her she had been panting more and her trachea was giving her problems and she had been getting me up in the middle of the night and in the morning i started noting that she would scoot really bad. well it was after a bowel movement. then i noticed after she ate she would scoot immediately afterwards.

the vet could only tell me that with samie's trachea issues we are blessed to have her 9 yrs. she never told me it could be the food she was on or anthing. i conviced my husband that i didn't want to take our dogs to her anymore and she had me so upset... i wasn't getting anywhere with her over the phone. i never thought it could be the food making her scoot. but i became very aware of what she was doing. and it wasn't right. so i found this website and here we are... I have a couple treads on here that i constanty check and update everyone that has been so kind to help me.

and so and after being on this food- she started having real problems. she became allergic to it and in the mean time we got her to the "new" vet yesterday. waiting for the results of the urinalysis. my husband seems to think.. new vet... new urinalysis... maybe there wont be any crystals. i think that is wishful thinking as a urinalysis reading does not lie. but in the mean time- i just hope feeding her canidae is fine. this new vet seems to think that b/c samie has had a scooting problem constanly that she may have bladdar stones. i tried to tell her that samie is not scooting anymore now since i took her off of the kidney formula food. she was allergic to it.

this was a horrible week for us with vet bills as our other yorkie had dental scaling, 6 teeth removed, and 3 growths. she also had to be caught up and it was time for her annual last week and then samie went yesterday for her annual and she has an ear infection and yeast infection to add to her allergic reaction she was having from the food. 1100.00 just in one week. we struggled with that but what are you gonna do. my girls are having some problems and we have to get through this. what a week. :-(

here are the urinalysis reports -(the only two we have had)

2/16/07: where it shows " - " nothing was marked.

glucose: -
bilirubin: -
ketone:-
blood:-
ph: 6.0
protein: 100
urobiliogen: -
nitrate:-
leulocytes: -
spec. gravity: 1.035

sediment:
bacteria: -
cystals: 3+ oxalate crystals
RBC:-
WBC:-
epithelial cells: -
casts: -
comments: amophoa debris

4/14/07:
glucose: neg
bilirubin: small
ketone: negative
blood: negative
ph: 8.0
protein: 30+
urobilinogen: normal
nitrate: negative
leukocytes: negative
spec> gravity: 1.030

bacteria: -
crystals: 2+oxalate cystals
comments: amorphous debris (not sure what this means)
sadiesamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!