View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 03:26 PM   #15
tegamom1
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Dee, I'm certainly not trying to rain on your parade, but if someone could actually evaluate a puppy, especially young puppies, from photographs, there would be no need for dog shows. Even looking at the dogs in the ring, until you can see their movement, you can tell nothing other than they have a nice coat. That's why judges observe their movement first and then put hands ON. That's the only way you can tell what is under that hair. Breeders such as Mary are so very particular of the quality of the dogs she has going in the ring, that the puppies she places in companion homes are nicer than many of the dogs that are being shown. Such is true of most of the long time Yorkie breeder/exhibitors.
Hey girl, you live in Kentucky, not outer space! I've been there, lovely state, it's not that far to shows and the drive is beautiful. Hey, I live in Texas. It's nothing to drive 300 - 600 miles to a show. There are a few here in Lubbock and Amarillo, but they don't come around often enough to do someone much good. Gotta travel! It's fun! Walking into the ring or even having someone handling a dog that's yours or your breeding is an awesome feeling. The only way to have show puppies is to show..
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!