View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 12:53 PM   #9
MickNMaL
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellealberta View Post
Spike had his neuter surgery two weeks ago (June 5th), and this past Tuesday he went to the groomers (June 19th). We had no problems post-surgery, I checked his incision site twice daily and everything looked fine.

Yesterday, I noticed a red area near his incision site. It seems to be weeping a clear fluid, and seems quite hard to the touch (although this might be normal, I can't say I know for sure). I put some antibiotic ointment on it, and it seemed better this morning, although still there! I put some more on before I left for work. We were at the off-leash park on Thursday, and there have been lots of mosquitos lately! I'm wondering if this happened at the groomers, if this is a bug bite, or if something else is going on.

He seems fine otherwise - peeing, poop, eating and drinking, acting as normal. Any thoughts - the vets are closed today!?!
This is like what Mickey had a few weeks ago. And actually he went to the groomer just about a week before the bump turned up. I was paniced, and was going to take him to the vet- but it cleared up in just a few days. I would keep an eye on it for a day or two, and if it doesnt go away, give the vet a call.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!