View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 12:10 PM   #14
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
I agree with everyone's advice. IMO Raw is a good choice. Roxy and TJ have been eating raw since March and they LOVE it! I feed NV or another brand www.morigins.com, they love them both.

Mine like it really frozen when they eat it. So just before feeding time, I take out of the freezer their portions and let it sit on the granite countertop (either in a baggie or on a small piece of clear plastic wrap) for about 5 to 7 mins. Then it is thawed just enough for me to cut it up into tiny pieces.

Lately, I have been hand feeding the pieces to Roxy. She used to inhale in the whole plate in a matter of 2 seconds. TJ takes his time and chews each piece.

By hand feeding Roxy, she too chews each piece now, and being that it is still pretty much frozen, it is really helping to clean their teeth

Best of Luck!
Ah, thank you for bring up this point. While coming home from the store i was wondering how thawed it needed to be to feed it. I was wondering if i had to thaw it like steak if i were going to eat it, or (i know this sounds stupid) if i had to microwave it to thaw it out. I for for a vet hosp. and some people bring their raw food in for us to feed their dogs that spend the night. A couple people handed me raw food and told me to microwave it and i thought that it totally defeated the purpose of feeding raw cause the microwave cooks its it alittle.

to everyone, does your dog like it still alittle frozen like TLC's dogs, thawed but still really cold, or thawed to the point of being room temp? is it ok to let the raw sit out till its room temp?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!