View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 12:05 PM   #8
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan & Corinne View Post
Me too! I would be very disappointed if the puppy I got was already named and registered with the AKC.
Allowing new families to register the pups has not been a problem for me. They've always asked if they can use my kennel name. But, since my pups go out on a spay nueter contract and it's unimportant to me unless in some rare instance they've obtained a show dog from me. Then it isn't a problem, since exhibitors know that when registering a dog the breeder's Kennel name is always used when registering the dog. Exhibitors also know that breeders have a theme with some of their lines and usually follow that theme. Like my Charmer "Champion This Time I'm Here Let's Party. His son, CJ (Charmer Junior) who is about to go in the show ring was registered as "Mardelin's Let's Party Again". If a female had of been obtained, they would have followed after the dam "Champion This Time Worth The Wait/Go-Go

Another instance is my Denny "Champion This Time Grand Slam. His dad was Champion Tajmoor's Major League, and his grandsire was Champion This Time Junior League. His brother now a champion was registered as This Time Triple Play

Last edited by Mardelin; 06-24-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!