View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 11:40 AM   #9
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

I feed Lacy NV raw in rabbit and venison. We've never tried the lamb. She's been eating raw for almost a year. I read that the best way to switch to raw was just to switch it...not gradually like you do with kibble. So I just immediately made the switch and she did fine. You can go to NV's website and they have a feeding chart. www.naturesvariety.com You put your pet's weight and activity level in and they tell you how much to feed. You can also put a percentage in that you want to feed of raw and kibble and they will tell you the amount of each to feed. Personally, I don't see the point in leaving kibble out when you are feeding raw. RAW is the best way to go and there is no point in keeping kibble in their diet. I feed Lacy in the morning (around 9:00am) and in the evening (around 7:00pm). I usually give her a couple treats (normally grain free) during the day as well but not always. She does just fine with those two meals. As far as going away for the night, that's where it gets a little inconvenient. Every time we travel, I always take an ice chest and make sure there is a refrigerator to put her raw in. It hasn't been a problem so far. One option though is to buy some freeze-dried raw. I think Nature's Variety makes some and I know The Honest Kitchen does. That would be a good thing to have in case you are staying some where without a refrigerator. You just rehydrate it with hot water and feed it. That way you don't compromise your raw diet by having to feed kibble.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!