View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 09:12 AM   #2
MoGraceLiz
Donating Yorkie Yakker

I hope all is going well with those babies. Over a year ago, I had a girl get eclampsia with 4 puppies after nursing for about one and a half weeks. We had to take over the feedings which was difficult considering they'd already been used to sucking on momma. I had an awful time getting them to suck on the little bottles, so the vet told me to take the tip of my little finger and place it to their mouth, don't force it in, just place it there, eventually the baby would start to suck on the tip of my finger and then I placed the nipple in and I couldn't believe it. They started sucking the bottle and we nursed them until weaning.

As for the amount, I would heat the formula and fill the bottles to the top line, then feed each baby until they pulled away from the bottle....then picked the next one up and did the same. I kept a chart of the babies and weighed them morning and night to make sure they were getting enough. I didn't worry so much about the amount the label said they should drink, I just made sure that I had prepared more than I thought they would want. Make sure they stay warm.

This worked for us, I hope it helps.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!