View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 03:34 PM   #1
TeddyandTiffy
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default HELP...Esbilac How Much To Give????

Tiffanie is drying (I kinda thought she might with having so many, she never did with her 1st litter but what a diffrence 2 more can make) (3 teats dried up now, Started hand feed yesterday evening)up due to her having so many pups, I took her to the vet today and she said replace with Esbilac...I ask the vet how much, She said whatever the Esbilac says...(Well the Esbilac can says 2 TABLESPOON's per 4 oz of body weight...The daily feeding amount should be divided into equal portions for each feeding.) Is CC's the same as ML's??? Vet gave me a syringe that has 1.0 ml on it...How much would I give of these syringes? 1 or 2 syringes or just 1/2 or like 0.4 ml??? I just don't want to overfeed or underfeed. They can eat off her 1st vet said but then I need to feed every 2 hours round the clock....I don't mind doing it I love feeding them. Can U all help me. I tried the bottles but they have a hard time getting it out, so I thought until they get a little older then I can syringe feed. Any tips in this...I had to bottle feed Isabella some but she took to it & nursed off Tiffiany, NONE of these will suck right to get it out of the nipple...I've tried making more holes in the nipple with a needle heated (Just like I did when I had Heather 23 years ago!), but I'm afraid I'm not doing it right, maybe I'm just nervous??? Any help apprecaited. They are gaining weight. I'll post weights in the nursery section later, got to feed now!! Hugs, Lee & Babies
TeddyandTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!