View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 12:44 PM   #4
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

i registered my last litter this way. not the babies i have now but Frankie's four wee ones. reason being, you cannot register a kennel name with AKC unless you show. Out of the five from my kandy's litter, three of them were show prospects according to the AKC judges. i know that's unusual for that many out of the same litter but you all read the judges comments here. AND, my very first puppy from my Southern Showgirl Silk is already in shows. haven't heard how's she is doing for awhile. What was happening was that my puppies were in the show ring (some of them) with no credit being given to me. i called AKC and was told that the only way my kennel could get the recognition was if i do a full registration with my name, Dee's Lil' as a name prefix. Now, i didn't register these last two that way because they are not from show stock on either side. not close enough to count anyway. show "prospects' are what you make of them but i wanted my name out there just in case. it wasn't a problem with any of my buyers. For future reference for anyone thinking of buying from a show breeder, you WILL use their name as a prefix regardless of what you name the puppy and i believe in Canada, the breeder has to do a full litter registration to sell the puppies.

Last edited by Sugar's Mom; 06-23-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!